Saif Khairat, PhD, MS
Clinical Assistant Professor
BS, Computer Science, University of Missouri, 2005
MS, Computer Science, University of Missouri, 2007
PhD, Health Informatics, University of Missouri, 2011
330 Diehl Hall
420 Delaware Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Dr. Saif Khairat earned his PhD in Health Informatics at the Informatics Institute at the University of Missouri. During his master's degree in Computer Science, he designed and developed a clinical content tracking system by bridging Database Management Systems and web applications. Dr. Khairat's research focuses on the areas of patient safety and medical errors by closely studying human processes and human-computer interactions.
- Knowledge Representation
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Decision Support Systems
- Database Management Systems
- 2011 MUII Assistantship for recognized clinical communication research
- 2010 Curator's Grant-In-Aid (GIA) Scholarship
- 2008-2010 Graduate Assistantship, University of Missouri
- 2006-2008 Teaching Assistantship, University of Missouri
- 2005 General Honors Certificate, University of Missouri
- 2004-2005 Computer Science Dean's List, University of Missouri
- 2004-2005 National Dean's List
- National Scholars Honor Society
- 2004 National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- 2003 Kappa Mu Epsilon
- Khairat S, Gong Y. Clinical Communication: Human-Computer and Human-Human Interactions Human-Computer Interaction. Users and Applications. In: Jacko J, editor.: Springer Berlin / Heidelberg; 2011. p. 182-91.
- Khairat S, Gong Y. Enhancing Patient Safety Through Clinical Communication Knowledge Representation. e-Health Networking Applications and Services (Healthcom), 2011 13th IEEE International Conference on 2011:130-3.
- Khairat S, Gong Y. Knowledge Representation In ICU communication. Proceedings of the 1st ACM International Health Informatics Symposium. 1883102: ACM; 2010. p. 718-23.
- Khairat, S, Gong, Y. A Step Towards Effective Clinical Communication. Proceedings of the 2010 AMIA Annual Symposium. 2010, pp.1122.
- Khairat S, Gong Y. Understanding Effective Clinical Communication In Medical Errors. Proc. 13th Medinfo, International Congress on Medical Informatics, Stud Health Technol. Inform. 2010, pp. 704-8.
- Khairat, S, Gong, Y. Understanding Communication for Critical Care Incidents. Proceeding of the 2009 AMIA Annual Symposium. 2009. Abstract.